In Person Puppy Power Classes With Talk To The Paw
Home > Puppy Classes > In Person
Hey, Puppy Parent!
Congratulations on your new family member! How's it going so far?
At Talk to the Paw we know the ups and downs of raising a puppy, the excitement and the frustrations.
We also know that the Puppy Blues is real and that it can feel daunting to know where to start.
Don't worry any more! Come and join is for our in person version of Puppy Power.
Taught by international dog trainer and expert, Clair Hickson, our 7 weeks of interactive learning will get you off on exactly the right paw.
How do classes work?
Classes are held in Patchway Community Centre, Rodway Road on Tuesday evenings.
Our first session is held over Zoom where we can get to know each other a bit and set some foundations for practical classes.
Our Puppy Power course covers everything including:
- getting to know your puppy
- training games and exercises
- learning about dogs, how they learn and how they communicate
- your puppy and socialisation
- fun, play and focus
- 1 x Zoom virtual induction class
- 6 x practical classes
- full online syllabus to share training with all members of the family
- daily emails for inspiration and ideas for the day
- access to a trainer via email or Facebook
- goody box
- things for the children to do/learn
All for just £125
Running over 7 sessions, our first induction session is Sunday 22nd May at 6pm via zoom.
This is followed by 6 in person practical sessions, every Tuesday at 6pm on:
May 24th and 31st
June 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th
Fun Puppy Training
- Capture those early, smile producing memories with 4-6 weekly games allowing you to train manners and good behaviours.
- These games also create small challenges for you to really accelerate your success and training skills.
- Think outside the box - no more boring "sit Fido" training.
Worried about socialisation?
- Even though you cant mix with others. Don't panic!
- Each week we guide you on a special field trip with your puppy.
- Learn how to safely socialise your unvaccinated puppy - no more waiting for those vaccinations to be complete.
- Introduce your puppy to the world, safely and positively creating awesome experiences so you can take them anywhere.
Do you want a tired puppy?
- Our weekly challenges are great if you have children who want to get involved.
- We use enrichment to create separation times, allowing your puppy to settle by draining their mental and physical buckets.
- Accelerate your puppys’ brain grow rate through problem solving, frustration tolerance and use of breed specific outlets.
Learn about Problem Prevention
- Our weekly problem prevention games give you positive solutions to common problems; jumping up, stealing and chewing.
- Learn how to be proactive instead of reactive to those things you don’t want your puppy to do.
- Get the whole family being consistent.
- Let your puppy think and make great choices for themselves.
Training Puppy Parents
- Training you, the owner, is as important as training your puppy.
- Learn all about how puppies learn (take a peak at the video below), methods of training and all about development.
- Refine your skills through our short, fun tasks.
What people say about Puppy Power
"Absolutely brilliant! This took me, a middle aged experienced dog owner of old and showed me new ways of breaking down modern training techniques to help my dog master all the basic skills needed to be a well behaved, sociable and relaxed dog. They helped me understand how to read the body language of my dog and identify things I could tweak in my own behaviours to help my dog progress. I can personally and highly recommend them for all things puppy"
- Abbe, Puppy Parent
"I would definitely recommend Talk to the Paw’s course to ALL new puppy owners - you owe it to your puppy to teach them how to be well behaved - it makes life with them more enjoyable!
- Charlie, Dad to Bruno
Wondering about a small one? If it's not quite time for your puppy to come home with you or your thinking of getting a new puppy, check out the following resources which we hope will be useful to you.
Grab our "Help I've Got A New Puppy" Survival Guide for free, today (usually £17)!
Not ready to commit just yet? We understand! But, we still want to help you and your puppy by providing you with some value.
Sign up to our mailing list and you will receive our complimentary Puppy Survival Guide straight into your inbox, instantly. We give you all you need to know on making your first 7 days count. Includes sleep, feeding, toilet training, chewing and much more!